- Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Brother, I am fire
Surging under ocean floor.
I shall never meet you, brother -
Not for years, anyhow;
Maybe thousands of years, brother.
Then I will warm you,
Hold you close, wrap you in circles,
Use you and change you -
Maybe thousands of years, brother.
CARL SANDBURG, 'Kin'

*****

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely night!
EDNA ST VINCENT MILLAY,
'First Fig,' A Few Figs from Thistles


*****

"You know how silence can push in at your eardrums in the dark, and make you deaf?"

*****

My Sister's Keeper, JODI PICOULT
If you use one of your children to save the life of another, are you being a good mother or a very bad one?

If you sue your parents, are you being an obedient child or a very disobedient one?

3 comments:

jeannie said...

Maybe my expectations for My Sister's Keeper was too high but I was quite disappointed after I finished reading the book. The storyline is unique but I couldn't quite get what Anne and the rest are thinking (especially Anne).
*Just as you think everything had finally settled, Anne died...Sigh..What a sad ending..

Jon Chu said...

Hmmm... You think so? Yeah, it had a sad ending, but then, personally, i kinda like the way it ended. :)

jeannie said...

Maybe I just love books with a happy ending UNLESS it's really really really necessary to have a sad ending. :P
Mitch Albom's books have sad endings but I like it that way.
Btw, what would you do if you're Anne? Optional since it's a personal question. You have every rights not to answer me. (I've been thinking abt tis questions since I 1st read it. That's why I'm curious on how the others think. hehe.)