- Friday, May 11, 2007

Goodbye, my Love

    Goodbye to You
    Michelle Branch

    Of all the things I've believed in
    I just want to get it over with
    Tears form behind my eyes
    But I do not cry
    Counting the days that pass me by
    I've been searching deep down in my soul
    Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
    It feels like I'm starting all over again
    The last three years were just pretend
    And I said

    Goodbye to you
    Goodbye to everything
    I thought I knew
    You were the one I loved
    The one thing that
    I tried to hold on to

    I still get lost in your eyes and it seems that
    I can't live a day without you closing my eyes and
    You chase my thoughts away to a place where
    I am blinded by the light but it's not right

    Goodbye to you
    Goodbye to everything
    I thought I knew
    You were the one I loved
    The one thing that
    I tried to hold on to

    And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time
    I want what's yours and I want what's mine
    I want you but I'm not giving in this time

    Goodbye to you
    Goodbye to everything
    I thought I knew
    You were the one I loved
    The one thing that
    I tried to hold on to
    The one thing that
    I tried to hold on to

    And when the stars fall
    I will lie awake
    You're my shooting star


Adoration I had for you. Immense love I poured to you, for you, just because I knew you were someone special. I told myself one day that even if you run to the moon, I will follow you there, peeking behind to make sure you would be okay. And if ever should you feel suffocating, I will come and kiss you and give you my breath, give you my life, give you my all.

Funny how my words were filled with beautiful words and I-will promises; I mock at myself at the thought. I recalled my emotions, my feelings for you, wholly for you. The nights I rolled on the bed thinking of you, smiling until I got too tired and finally dozed off. The times when I wished I could be by your side to hold you hand and walk through life with you, to whisper to your ear at troubling times, "I will walk you through. We will win. We can do this together."

But could you hear me saying this?

The beautiful night that blossomed with moonlight and dancing stars seemed to disappear instantly. Darkness enveloped. My heart cries out to yours. I desperately wished for you to be in my arms now, tight, so that no air could breathe, and just be there forever. I screeched for your attention, but none I got because the air has turned polluted with pollutants that so agitatingly sour us and dim our nostrils.

I can't help but to convince myself that I should, I should, I should let. you. go. But I can't. I can't. I simply can't do that, because you have always been so dear to me and I can't find a reason to let you go.

But why, when I told you my affection you ran away? When I spoke to you about my love for you you screamed? When must you be this way? Why can't you understand my hearts' cry for you? Why can't you see the way I saw things?

Weren't we for each other? Weren't we destined? What was happening? Did the world stop rotating? Did it stop revolving around the sun, instead fleeing to the moon?

How could you do this to me? How could you so not sparingly rip my heart out and drained me of blood? How could you slap me at the right and left and right again and say, "Oops, I'm sorry. I never wanted to do that"?

Perhaps, my love, it is time to say goodbye. Perhaps, my darling, it is time to let go my clutching hand. Perhaps, my jewel, it's time to kiss you goodbye. My one last bitter kiss. So that you could remember and curse yourself until the day you die. So that you could be drowned in your own selfish remorse, and hope the day will turn gray. Perhaps, it's no more perhaps. Perhaps it's now or never.

Goodbye my love. Goodbye my darling. Goodbye my precious. Goodbye. Goodbye. Good. Bye.

2 comments:

lawrence_teoh89 said...

So romantic......... Like this wan..XD

So, are you falling in love now, Jon sifu? haha!

But just want to ask. Goodbye to you is a song or a poem? blur...

Pig Take Egg said...

=.= the one under the title goodbye to u?? SONG la by Michelle Branch.. never heard before arr? xD