- Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ugh. My Immature Review

since Lawie said that I should review about
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Firstly, I have to say that Daniel Radcliffe does have some talents in acting. Having watch Harry Potter since the.. third movie (I think), IMHO, I think he's becoming better. Disregarding the guyish features he has that makes me go... "Err.. Why is he so tall when he's my age but younger than me?" or "Err... I don't like that evil laughter or smile..." But anyway, it's okay. Perhaps he was the best person so far to act Harry Potter.

Hermione. Which guy wouldn't like Emma Watson? [Forget Cho Ching... I don't remember her real name] But if you've noticed, she doesn't really have a sense of style. Simply said, she looks like a 30-year old woman for heaven's sake!

Ron. Heh. Enough said, though vague. Go figure.

Ok, about the movie: I like some of the effects done, and I certainly do not agree with those who think that there's too much talking. Hello, it's a movie. Listen to the character's speech, and if you have the ability, decipher them. It's fun. Ok, maybe not that fun, but at least you get to view the movie beyond what it appears to be. [what am I speaking about?]

Umbridge. Who hates her? Maybe because I haven't read the books yet, so I don't feel anything against her. It's just like Eragon—everybody hates Murtagh because he went against Eragon; the twins (I've forgotten their names) who tried to give Eragon tough quests so they can learn the spells he knows; Galbatorix, the evil king. But oddly, I feel nothing. Ha. But back to Umbridge, I think she is interesting in the way that she builds the suspense up, making the youngsters see a dead road in the front and turn to another junction to find success.

I would certainly prefer more action in the movie, unfortunately, but it's okay I think.

Anyway, I hope to get the first few books and drown in reading. Workload in getting hectic for me. I've to put my head into more things now, but that's part of growing up, isn't it? Anyway, I can't wait to go to college, considering that the small rather quiet place is my not-so-wanted-or-hope-for destination, but I don't really have a choice. Hence, the only route to future.

4 comments:

Suit Lin said...

UMBRIDGE MUST DIEEEEEE!

ps: reading Deathly Hallows now, just started 45 mins ago, cahpter 4 only. So far very nice, attracting me like magnet :P

Jon Chu said...

blink. blink. and blink.
THAT attractive? muz get the first 6 books to read. *screams* hahaaaaa...

glo said...

i din read the books, but Umbridge was hilarious.. her awesomely pretentious smile made people totally hate her!!! :P i think she played the role well as a hated headmistress a.k.a dictator :p oo.. the ministry.. and oooo.. pink everywhere, not forgetting those fluffy little cats :p

Jon Chu said...

Pink. too pinkish. until it reached the irritating stage.. haha.. thanks for dropping by! :)