- Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Open Door

Open Door
Red Rain

People are looking for life
In all the wrong places
Looking for life

Only You can draw in me
Show me Your open door
Only You can draw in me
Show me Your open door

Many pictures on my wall
They tell me where I've been
Many people I have met
Faces I see

Only You can draw in me
Show me Your open door
Only You can draw in me
Show me Your open door

You show me true life
You show me true life
Only You can draw in me
Show Your open door
Only You can draw in me
Show Your open door
Jottings:
There are moments in life when everything seems to sink in, erasing noise temporarily for some time. Faces that used to burn in our memory seem to diminish and vanish suddenly; voices that break or move our hearts seem to meet its end; touches of affection seem to disappear. And all a sudden, all we find is ourselves with ourselves - struck with reality's cruelty.

Just as truth hurts, reality is cruel. It is like holding a knife and pointing it at a helpless victim forcing him to swallow it down bit by bit, slowly, agonizingly. There are times when we just have to face certain things - alone - and tell ourselves that standing firm is the only option. One very good example would be: betrayal in friendship.

Believe me or not, everybody will encounter at least a friendship failure. Some, serious relationship failures. And when such happens, nobody could help the wounded one except he himself.

*****

When everything fails, remember, seek the One who can open any door.

No comments: