- Thursday, January 17, 2008

Short Alo

My dear readers,

Due to many responsibilities that have been laid on my shoulders these few depressing weeks, I would like to extend a very thank you for dropping by my blog, leaving a message and commenting too.

I am still in the midst of thinking ways to scare/confuse/irritate your parents. Just for a teaser, the first one will be: Get up extraordinarily early in the morning, stand outside of your parents' door. If you're a guy, be half-naked; if you're a girl, mess up your hair. Stand straight and start singing "Negaraku"

Does anybody know how to conduct band practices in which you meet musicians for the first time, and you are supposed to at least master a song well?

Many a times I wonder how do people say "I am bored" when they could use the time to accomplish so many things? I glance through my tight packed schedule and wondered: "Why do I never get the chance to be bored?" I have so many things running concurrently through my mind, and I wonder, too, how did I manage to stay sane. Yet again, it depends on individual strength, I guess (not that I am very strong mentally. Gah!)

This is for now, my friends. Should you feel that Solitude is not being updated properly, please bear with me this moment. :) I am trying my bestest best to update as frequently as possible. Thanks!

With love and sincerity,
The Pig aka Jon Chu.

p/s: Did I ever mention how important you guys are to me? :D

6 comments:

usws said...

Band practices shouldn't be too hard as long as your musicians know what they're doing and everyone has at least had a chance to hear the song once or twice. It should take off quite well from there.

I'm bored with the things i'm trying to accomplish. Bored, disappointed and a little demotivated.. it gets so un-fun after a while. Believe me, i may have lots to do but still feel bored. Especially during the holidays where everything that's available to do doesn't seem worth while. Like you're suppose to use the holidays to the fullest but your schedule is full of activities which you could do at any other time.

BYE!

ah^kam koko' said...

Gosh...
This brings back awesome memories!

When I get together with some musicians I dont know...
I put a video recorder on & we do it freestyle!
The product is usually amazingly good!

=D

SilverIsle said...

Musicians you get to know or don't before the practice? If you don't, then you have to prepare at least a few classics. If you do, then communicate among yourselves and set a song list, one or two songs will do for the first session. =)

Jon Chu said...

[usws]
Honestly, I have never heard how they play, and I have to assess them (not that I am excellent, either).

Sometimes despite my workload, I just feel like lazing on the bed, doing nothing.

[ah kam]
Gee. Wouldn't the sound seem a bit... out? I mean, after you record it lar.

[Silverisle]
Hmm. Good idea! Thanks! :D

ah^kam koko' said...

As a performer with your own style...
It is imperative to work with people you click with...
Even then, you have to build chemistry...
This is how we build chemistry...

One person starts out...
Let's say drums...
Then the bass kicks in...
Then the strings...
Then the vocalist leads from there onwards!

Try it!
It's awesome!

Jon Chu said...

:)
Yeah. I guess I will establish a chord progression and let them rock it on! :)

*fingers crossed* hope for the best! HAHA..