- Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Dear Digital Piano

Dear Digital Piano of more than two years,

You have been very, very good to me. You have served me well. 

I remember the first time my fingers touched your beautiful white keys and hear the melodious voice of yours, which sent tingles down my spine. Ah, that was a marvellous experience.

I remember the first time I played you with my favorite chord progressions, and the number of people who came up to me and commented at your melodiousness. Ah, such pride you bring me. 

But now, one of your teeth is spoilt. It's time to bring you to a dentist, and perhaps make you wear braces like me. 

Don't fret. I will be here. To calm your raging seas. To cast away the dark clouds of your fears. I will be here. 

Take heart! Wearing braces isn't that bad - this I assure you, for I speak from experience. And you know what they say, "Experience is a good teacher." So, trust in me you must, for I have walked that lonely path of wearing braces when people laugh and mock you of trying to conform to the standards of men of looking good, which, I think, is totally absurd. But not to worry. Your master, me, will not mock you nor point a finger at you. 

I look forward to seeing you well again, with that glossy teeth of yours glaring back at me to testify that not even Colgate can produce such whiteness. 

That time, my dear, we will produce melodious music again, with my fingers tapping gently on your white teeth like some xylophonist hitting on the xylophone keys. 

We will share the joy of listening to your voice painting the night. There, we shall say, is the beauty of the night. 

My dear Roland RD-700,

I love you - ever more. 

Your master,
Jonathan Chu. 

6 comments:

ah^kam_koko' said...

This is sorta...
A little bit...
Freaky...

Jon Chu said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA...
Is it?
In what way?

ah^kam_koko' said...

haha~~
I was just imagining a man having an romantic affair with a machine...
Definately ludacris!

Jon Chu said...

OMG.
Jarod!
=_____________________________=""""

Kaun said...

the poor machine! you are getting it fixed right? RIGHT?

Jon Chu said...

I told my dad already. The rest is up to the church committees to decide. But I heard from Phoebe that it is normal to have that key spoilt. I wouldn't know because this is the first time something like this is happening to me.

But what she said is true la, that we pianists like that D note a lot. And we hammer them so often until they die. =(

So yeah. *crosses finger*
Hope it can be fixed and will be fixed soon! =D