- Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Colorless Christmas

As always, Christmas has never been a festival I look forward to, because my family and I never seriously celebrate it. The thing we've done thus far is just have a lunch or dinner together, and go window shopping almost the entire day - and that's it. We don't really purchase presents and exchange them.

But, this year, I decided to make a change. I saved up some money and got my siblings some gifts; and the smiles on their faces are just immeasurable. And, as always, I never buy myself anything; I always think as long as others are happy, it's good enough. 

However, this year, very surpisingly, I got presents! Three presents, to be exact. Two from Crystal (cookies and cupcakes) and a keychain with my name on it from my youth leader. 

I initially wanted to do an Academy Awards short clip - but when I actually wanted to do it, I was like, lazy laaaa. So, yeah, as promised, Crystal, I posted about it! 

Thank you - Crystal and Gerard - for the pressies! =p

Check out the very wonderful sweet cupcakes. I have always loved and will always love them. Cheh wah, sound like some marriage vow. XD









All taken with Paul's Nikon D200.


So, how would I spend my Christmas, you ask? I suppose the same way I celebrate Christmas every year. Perhaps having lunch or diner with family outside, and stay at home the whole day. Nothing special. Colorless, but well, I got cupcakes! Woohoo! XD

6 comments:

ah^kam_koko' said...

Merry Christmas, Jon!
=)

Jon Chu said...

Yes! Merry Christmas to you too! =)

Gene Lih said...

hey... i totally understand what u mean by a colorless christmas... it's been like that for me too.

But i'm proud of u that you've stood up to make a change. Maybe that's what i've gotta do too

CHEERS for ur pressies.

Jon Chu said...

=)

Yes. I think it's time for a change. Introduce to yourself a new tradition instead of sticking to the old traditions. =)

Cheers! =D

Crystal said...

awww.... i'm glad i made a difference =) hehe. hope you enjoyed the cupcakes!!! btw. i got some leftover cupcakes. round 2 mou??? :P

Jon Chu said...

Haha! I will kill them if you want to dispose them! XD XD XD