- Thursday, March 12, 2009

Desperation to be Accepted



I Will Be

There's nothing I could say to you
Nothing I could ever do to make you see
What you mean to me
All the pain, the tears I cried
Still you never said goodbye and now I know
How far you'd go

I know I let you down but it's not like that now
This time I'll never let you go

I will be all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
All my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay

I thought that I had everything
I didn't know what life could bring
But now I see, honestly
You're the one thing I got right
The only one I let inside
Now I can breathe 'cause you're here with me

And if I let you down, I'll turn it all around
'Cause I would never let you go

I will be all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay

Without you I can't breathe
I'm not gonna ever, ever let you leave
You're all I got, you're all I want, oh
'Cause without you I don't know what I'd do
I can never, ever live a day without you
Here with me, do you see you're all I need?

And I will be, all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay

I will be all that you want and get myself together
'Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life, I'll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything okay


Jottings:

When you want something bad enough, impossible seems such a distant word. No matter how hard the tasks you need to accomplish to reach your desired goals, you will toil and give your all just so that you can get what you want.

You tell yourself that it's worth it. You tell yourself that no matter how difficult the journey is, you will try and try. No matter how much tears you need to shed, you will still put your hands into it.

You rationalize that maybe, maybe you will be lucky enough to get what you want. No matter what scars you may have after much trials, as long as you get what you want, then it's worth it, then it's okay.

Many people give their all for love, for acceptance. To them, even doing the silliest things will not hinder them from getting what they want. Even sacrificing their money just to see the one they want accept them and smile...

The things we do for love. The things we sacrifice for acceptance. Are they really sacrifices worth made, or is it because we want to prove to ourselves that we are worth loving, worth accepting?

Love is a powerful thing, a strong emotion. But it is a deadly one too, if not handled properly.

No comments: