- Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outdated Me Watching Old Movies

Just at this short holidays, I managed to watch "Changeling" and "Twilight". I know, I am very really outdated. But anyways, I've been wanting to watch both movies from quite some time, and it was either the time I wanted to go I was busy having meetings or assignments to rush, or I didn't have anybody to go with me. But that's beside the point.

The point is, these movies are both wonderful. I wouldn't say 'great', I'd rather say... pleasant.

CHANGELING
For me, right from the beginning was suspense. While the character Christine should have been given more lines to say, instead of "I want my son back!" I have to say she did a rather quite good job in depicting the eagerness and desperation of a mother. The way she leaped when the police told her they found her son, the way she showed angerness, the stare of her determination - I'd say quite good, not bad, but not first class acting.

Storyline wise, I don't think the scriptwriter nor the director wanted to change much of what actually happened and try to be as close as possible to the true story. So I don't have much to comment on that. Overall, not bad. =)


TWILIGHT
I like the display of raw emotion. Intrigue. Desire. Passion. Desperation. Fear. Love. Life. They blend in so well and so beautifully. I know, many people said that girls will love - adore - this movie, but I see no reason why guys shouldn't like it too. I don't think stereotyping the movie as a girl show is appropriate.

I may not know if the book is better (I do not plan to read it anytime soon) but by just judging according to the movie, the suspense is not bad, managed quite well. Shots are done pretty decently too.

The main characters are okay - Kristen Steward and Robert Pattinson, but what caught my attention was the performance of the others: Ashley Greene (who played Alice Cullen), Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria), and Cam Gigandet (James). Their acting were beautiful. Ashley's was slender, beautiful, graceful. The way she held the ball and threw them at the baseball game, her stare, her look... ah, beautiful and exotic. Such a model.

Rachelle Lefevre's, on the other hand, is raw and beautiful. She isn't just a pretty, she has that stare that is so... mesmerizing (for the lack of a better word). I don't know. Her eyes can just draw you in, and in, and in and suck you into another world.

Cam Gigandet's facial expression tops them all. While Robert Pattinson had a cold, killer stare, in my humble opinion, Gigandet outshone him. Gigandet has a predator's face, and cold, heartless eyes. I feel as if I am staring straight into his soul (metaphorically).

Haha! I guess the first thing I notice about people is their eyes and their face, which is very normal. I haven't seen so many interesting females in a movie before. Wow! Greene, Lefevre... so model-like! Haha!

But anyway, all in all, for the movie, not bad. Job well done. Though I wanted to hear more majestic songs in the soundtrack, but I guess the music's fine.


I have been reading WILD AT HEART: DISCOVERING THE SECRETS OF A MAN'S SOUL. Quite a book. Will update about it soon! =)

1 comment:

ah^kam_koko' said...

I watched Twilight & found it a little predictable...
It does depict an interesting point of view of vampires with a conscience but as a romance it could have done so much better.

It's just another simple teen movie like Harry Potter.