- Saturday, August 29, 2009

Come On Get Higher / Of Likes



I miss the sound of your voice
And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what’s next
Make you believe, make you forget

I like how you find joys in little things in life and how you seek to be positive in so many things in life when it is so much easier to sigh and be pessimistic about life itself. I like how you find dancing such a joy, because it is this kind of joy that makes life a little prettier, a little more worth living.

Sometimes when I sit back and think of you, I realize we're so vastly similar yet different. But maybe that's what I like about you -- that little similarity and differences. I like the way you smile so naturally that people always tell me how sweet you are in your candid pictures. I like the way your name sounds (I have always thought that your name is special).

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

I like how persistent you are about things. Although at times persistence may be rather annoying, but I do believe that a coin always has two sides. There are times when persistence is needed, for without it, nothing could occur. Maybe it's your persistence to believe that there is so much more good out there to cherish, or maybe it's your persistence to see the good in the bad and cherish the simplicities of life.

I like the way you express yourself. Although sometimes, these expressions aren't exactly what people mean by decent, but who is to judge, aye? Those who deem what decent is aren't really decent themselves since the definition of decency is based on one's own perception and interpretation of the idea of the word and how the media has molded the idea of that word.

I miss the sound of your voice
The loudest thing in my head
And I ache to remember
All the violent, sweet,
perfect words that you said

If I could walk on water, if i could tell you what’s next,
make you believe, make you forget

I like how my family talks about you. How persistent they are in meeting you. How they even mention about you in random conversations. My family has been one of the joys of my life. Although they have their weaknesses, they will never fail to be the people I cherish. And to have them talk about you that way -- with so much smiles and enthusiasm and curiosity -- is indeed really special, because they aren't really enthusiastic about many friends of mine.

Maybe because you are special. Maybe because by mentioning you, there is this odd reason to smile. Maybe these maybes are meant to continue but not to be written down. Who knows?

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just to pull me down hard
And drown me in love

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just to pull me down hard
And drown me in love

I like the way I smile when I read your name. There is tune to your name. I don't know how to effectively pen my thoughts about the process of reading your name -- if there is a process, that is. I mean, think about it -- everything is a process. Even typing out this blog post about you is a process itself.

I like the way you smiled when I handed you that book. That smile was such a different smile. One that I haven't seen before, and that I look forward to see more of such a smile in the future.

I miss the pull of your heart
I can taste the sparks on your tongue
I see angels and devils
And God
when you come on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on

I like how simple you are. Although I find myself attracted to deep people because I have always found deep conversations intriguing and refreshing (those hoo-haa kind of conversations, they are just for releasing tension since those kind of conversations are hideously shallow). But in your simplicity, you see this complicated world understandingly. Whenever something strikes, you choose to view the complicacy with so much simplicity. Maybe it's more than a choice; maybe it's an ability. Something that I do not possess. Maybe in that, you are deep. And maybe in that, we're so vastly different.

Come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just to pull me down hard
And drown me in love

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just to pull me down hard
And drown me, drown me in love

I like the way you are willing to give things a shot even when it may seem as if you are trying a tad too hard. After all, it's the intention that counts, and it's the intention that I like and cherish.

(come on get higher, loosen my lips)It's all wrong
(faith and desire at the swing of your hips)It's all wrong
(just to pull me down hard and drown me in love)It's all right

So, come on, get higher
Come on, get higher
'Cause everything works love
Everything works in your arms

I like the way you believe in love. Maybe it's that cynical side of me that has chosen to forget about love and believe in the possibilities in hating. But with you it's different. It's so easy to believe in the good things. It's so easy to remember and think of the positive side of things. It's so easy to scream away the sadness. I hope it's not temporal, because I am a sucker for now. For the present. For the good to remain forever.

Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson

3 comments:

Boon Dat said...

OMG EMO-OVERKILL!!!!!

Crystal said...

JON CHU ARE YOU IN LOVE???!? I demand to know who is this girl!!! ahahaha... is it based on real life?

(Come on people, let's start guessing from the clues:

1. she's a dancer
2. she borrowed a book from jon chu recently
3. she's an optimist)

Chev said...

4. her name is uncommon (special)
5. she has a sweet smile and is photogenic
6. his parents know her so may be from church?

hehe =b