- Thursday, August 06, 2009

Spell Stone

I am not superman. I was never one. And this internship is a proof of it, yet again.

I have to get up at 5.45am, leave home latest by 6.30am just to escape the massive jam at Old Klang Road which connects Puchong to Petaling Jaya, be the first one to office to open the door and the last one to leave the office.

I suppose partly, I'm complaining. Especially since I wanted a job that is constantly on the go, a job that promises excitement. Instead, I have a job that requires me to sit at the desk reading annual reports of companies and drafting proposals (which I have deemed boring after the many proposals I have drafted). I am tempted -- very tempted -- to quit, but I wonder if this is a chance for me to prove to myself that I can make it even under such a stressful (and boring) environment.

I prayed. It helped. Thank God.

Right now, I can't wait to complete my internship. I can't wait to enter college again and have more free time -- which would be when my internship is done. Unfortunately. Oh, my heart skips a beat when I think of the day when I finish my last paper, but it skips two beats when I think of the day I tell my internship boss farewell. (Should I sing "Bid You Goodbye" to her? I guess not. I've never loved the job anyway)

What makes this job more difficult is the fact that I need to be excited, which I am not. So everyday without fail, I'll be dozing off from 7am up til about 12noon, after which I will be quite awake. I will again start dozing at about 2pm - 4pm, and I'll be wide awake from 4pm to about 7pm. So as you can see, my job is takes up about 12 hours a day. Oh I can't wait to finish internship.

I think I'm losing weight.

Oh, do you know just two blocks away from my working place there is a mini gym called "The Gym"? Although the website is kinda sucky (it feels like a blog), I suppose there's no harm asking what is the price rate. At least I get to go to the gym after a whole day's work. But! I'll be so dead. Should I or should I not?

Everyday, without fail, I'll be counting the number of hours I have left at my company.

I think this post is getting more and more random. I shall stop here. Til then, my pals.

Oh, btw, I miss college. You know -- those carefree days and crappy days when you can just laze in the library and laugh at random people or hear people curse as if they're calling themselves? I miss college. I miss you people la!

G.I.Joe!!!

No comments: