- Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Five Current Facts



It's 2.40am, October 6, 2009. It has been more than one week I haven't penned my thoughts here. So many things have happened.

First off, my good buddy's father passed away.

To Hajok,
I do not know how you feel. I do not know how tough it is to live your days realizing that there is no more fatherly support. I do not know how terrible it is to go through what you are going through. And I do not know the right words to say. I can't say "I understand" because I haven't had this experience, and to say so is hypocrisy. But I can say, if you need me to be random, I'll be there for you. Tons of yam cha nights. A promise from me.

Life is so short. Too short. We shouldn't be wasting our time on people who don't matter.

Second off, I have bought so many books from the Penguin and Pearson Warehouse sale. Can't help but grin at my new collections of books. I am so going to start reading all over again. Saw Freakonomics, but didn't like the cover. Saw a tons of other more books on the first day at the first few hours, but when I went back on the fourth day, it's gone. Sob. I'll wait for another two to five more years for another sale. (Jarod, if you need me to get you any books, tell me. I can go again. But I don't know if there'll be any though.)

Third off, my initial plan to be free without having to slash off items from a long to-do list has failed. Why are you and I not surprised? Gee, I wonder. I draw from my experiences in my internship and applied them for The Hailer. And guess what? More items added to my to-do list. Yet, when I think about it, my current lifestyle ain't that bad. I can't imagine when I am trying to climb the corporate ladder - how tough and demanding that job would be. You won't be surprised when you read my tweet saying "I feel like dying" or "stressed", because that time I am so sure I will really be dying or stressed.

Fourth off, I am trying to practice my piano but I can't seem to get my notes right. Gosh, I feel like breaking my fingers and boiling soup. I have this love-hate relationship with Beethoven. While his songs are so melodious, they are almost technically impossible for me. One thing I've realized: many people have gone for their grade 8 practical for piano, but the truth is, they don't know a thing about piano playing; they have also witnessed and experienced the shore of piano playing and not the depth of it. Even the repertoire stage is nothing compared with diploma. It is so much more demanding and crazy - even a phrase has to be played to perfection. Focus and stamina is needed - both of which I am lacking because I tend to let my mind wander when I'm practising my piano, and when I realized it, I would have already made a bunch of mistakes.

Fifth off, I am enjoying designing the new issue of The Hailer.

This is all right now. I will be updating soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

ah^kam_koko' said...

Don't need to get me any books.
I prefer to get em' MYSELF!
When I come out of this tree house...

You're a good piano player.
You just got to love Beethoven as much as you love all your other boyfriends.
Then his music will flow naturally from your strong & smooth fingers.
hoho~~
So gay.

Jeannette Goon said...

Kar yau!! You can do it, Jon. You are a capable, determined guy with a huge amount of perseverance.

I've been wanting to go back to the sale..but NO TIME!!

And I will start on the review soon. Kindof weird though, in this version, they changed the name of the son...