- Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Just Like You



I won't lie. I am just like most people my age; I'm clueless about my future. I don't know what I want to pursue anymore. I thought that by the end of my diploma, I would've figured out what exactly I want to do, but right now as I type this, I am not so sure anymore.

Some around me are so sure that they want to go to a certain university or college to continue their studies. When asked why, they answer, "Oh, my mom want me to have good qualifications" or "I know that that is the way I ought to go. There's no other way."

Part of me feels envious about the assurances they have. They seem to have it all together. They seem to have all the finance they need. And they're happy with their decision, which is good. On the other hand, I used to know what I want to do, where I will be. Now I am not so sure anymore. There are so many general options out there, few specific ones. The specific ones require a lot of finance, and it's not like I am the son of the richest man on earth.

But yet again. You can't have everything in life. At least, that's the case for me (because I do see that there are a lot of people who have everything they want and need in life). It's either I pay more and get the exposure I want, or I pay less and just end up somewhere I am not all that satisfied with. But there's one thing I know - I don't want to be like any other Mass Communications graduates. I want to be different. I want to be ahead. I want to graduate knowing that my qualifications far exceeds my peers.

I want - no, I need - to be different, to be ahead, because I don't want to be mediocre.

6 comments:

hjx said...

Of course it's good having the environment (this college, that company) in order to succeed. But really, the environment will not change who you will become. You're so smart and driven - I think you will be ahead wherever you are! :) Good luck!! Let me know where you end up wor :P

Jon Chu said...

*shy*
Hehe. I will. =)

ah^kam_koko' said...

Try for the best.
Ppl with less money & connections will have to work harder.
Try to get grants or scholarships.

You can do it, Jon!
How much do you dare to believe?
What are you willing to give up for it?

Chev said...

i thought i would know exactly what i want to be/do at this time of my life too, but i'm still as unsure as i was. i guess i would like to be this or that, a rough idea, but due to monetary issues as well (government should reli provide smtg similar like ptptn to students without SPM cert also. we are still malaysians for goodness sake...), i don't have a place i can somewhat "afford" that i really want to be at.

Miss JoyGracia said...

hey, been reading ur stuff lately. ever thought of being one the malaysian politicians? lol. it sounds crazy but yea. think bout it. besides, u get to pursue music with the coverage u'll have after you run a party or something. :) just an idea. people need someone like you.

tc! :D

Jon Chu said...

[Jarod]
Well, daring to believe in something is one thing, being up for it is another. But whatever it is, life is full of lemons. Haha. So, yeah, I suppose I'm up for life at the moment.

[Chev]
Oh, me too. But with this kind of experience and situation, we end up being stronger people - people who strive to get what and where we want. No worries. Just press on getting scholarships. You'll get to study!

[Joy]
Hey! Thanks for commenting! Concerning being a Malaysian politician, well, I don't think that is a pool I'd wanna venture in. Haha! That's a whole lot of mess and drama I'd rather stay out of. I'm sure you know how messy and dramatic things can be after what has been happening all along, right? I suppose a normal life for the pursuit of happyness is what I need right now. =)

Once again, thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting! It's great to have you around. =)