- Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hello 2010



So the year I've both fret and longed for has finally come. Not that I'm complaining, it's just ten years ago, I would have been dying to see this year come forth. I'll have my own car, my own computer, my space... And true enough, I do have all these. But, on the other hand, I wouldn't want 2010 to come so quickly now. Especially with all the responsibilities and the likes I need to take on, the expectation to be mature (can I have a break, people?), the constant reminder at the back of my head that I need to complete my studies as soon as possible, get a job and start earning money so that my siblings can go to college...

I so don't want 2010 to come. But it's already here, and the first week  is about to be over! *gasp*

So what? I ask myself.

After a moment's thought, I decided that this year would be different. Somewhat... exciting.

So here's what, I told myself:
  • Play more. What's life without playing, aye? I can't just work all day. All work no play makes Jon dull! 
  • Apply for University and make sure I get in
  • Compile my portfolio. I just realized how... unimpressive the portfolio I currently have is. Or, maybe I am demanding too much of myself, maybe I am expecting my portfolio to be like a pro's... But what's the harm, aye?
  • Plan. Plan. Plan. 
  • Think. Think. Think. 
  • Write. Write. Write. 
  • Read. Read. Read. 
  • HAVE FUN... 
But all these are just the temporal things that would make things seem good. So I decided to add these to the recipe of how-to-survive-2010 too:
  • Talk less, observe more. I realize the ones who talk less and observed more were the ones with more insight and maturity. 
  • Smile. 
  • Try to judge lesser. I think I judge things a lot. Dont mention people. 
  • Understand that a person can't tell good stories and write good lines without going through difficult times, having enlightenment and enduring hardship. There is no shortcut in life. 
  • Everything is a choice. 
  • I should stop procrastinating. Yesterday I said tomorrow; it's time to start telling myself, today, present, NOW. 
  • Accept the things I can't change. If that fails, then try to accept. 
  • Believe in the positives. 
  • Learn how to find bad in good. 
  • Dare 2010, as if it were a person. I AM GOING TO SMACK YOU DOWN, CONQUER YOU AND THERE AIN'T NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!
I am a very tame and shy person, ignore the alter ego.

So what about 2010? I'm ready.

Bring it on.

1 comment:

Andrea Kong said...

Good resolution :D