- Monday, May 31, 2010

Changing The World



After going through Idea Rawkstarrs, I realize that I had this burning passion to work with young people because I have begun to see them for who they can be instead of who they are. I begin to learn how to hold people big, instead of boxing them up, believing that they can never change.

Sometimes I get carried away focusing on who they can be if they only realize it. Sometimes my problem is forgetting that before they be who they can be, they have to step up to the challenge. And taking that bold step is scary, freakish.

So here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to catch myself whenever I begin to judge them for not being daring enough to step up and take the challenge to be awesome, to be who they can be. I am going to take a step back and support them instead of nudging them towards the direction I think they should be. Because truth is, they need not be awesome; it's their choice. And I, as an outsider, shouldn't tell them otherwise, because I too do not like people telling me how I should live my life.

Inspiring people, motivating them is more than telling others what to do and who they can be if they dare to be awesome; it is believing in the best for them, and walk together with them. Guide them, hold their hands, and whisper encouraging words every now and then.

It's not judging; it's being patient. Because once upon a time, somebody was patient. And now, it's my turn. =)

1 comment:

ah^kam_koko' said...

That's good!
Looking down our noses never made us look good anyway...
=)