- Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trusting the Heart

The heart is a mighty thing. It speaks oh so truly, and never lies. It is impulsive, but true to itself. It may be numbed, but it always aspires to inspire, to be great, to be awesome. It is the resounding voice that sings louder than any trumpets, the braveness greater than a lion's, the honesty that is more transparent than the clearest waters and glass.

I've learned how to trust my heart, how to listen to it. Today, I will continue to do so. Because the heart never lies, never fails. Although the mind rationalizes, the heart never does. Although the the mind justifies and defenses, the heart never does - the heart stays true to itself.

Trust your heart, Jon. And all will go fine.

3 comments:

ah^kam_koko' said...

Following your heart may end up with having it broken...
But the joy in pursuing its desires are more than worth it.
=)

Jon Chu said...

Actually I find the moments when I don't follow my heart the most painful times. I don't know how to explain it. It's like the heart knows best la. LOL. I dunno how to explain man. Why would you say following your heart may end up having it broken?

ah^kam_koko' said...

The heart wants what it wants.
Sometimes it is not good for us.
When we realise it, it may already be too late.
=)