- Friday, June 04, 2010

A Decision



Location: Room 231, Grand Kampar Hotel
Time: 12.22am

The Journey of Sparks for me has been a very, very challenging one. There are mornings when I dread going to work because I knew that the amount of energy that I needed to put in to Sparks to make it work was enormous. There were times when I wanted to look for easy routes, back doors or chicken exits - because I am scared.

I am scared of being spectacular, because to be that, I needed to give 100% of me. I had to charge, I had to be aggressive. And it's not easy to be that.

But as I looked at the bigger picture, I realized that Sparks was not about me. It wasn't about getting glory or scoring big.

It was about changing lives. About bringing new perspectives to those who've lost themselves. It was about giving reason for people to trust in themselves, to reach for the stars, to love themselves once again. Too many people I meet are jaded. Too many sickened and hurt because of their past.

And I think it's time to stop.

Because only when we realize our potential, when we stop being in denial, we will only be able to reach for our potential. Then, we will shine, like never before.

So here I am, sitting at a corner, listening to "The Day I Lost My Voice (The Suitcase Song)" by Copeland while typing this from my heart. I am mentally and emotionally preparing myself for the Sparks Training Overview or Preview that my company will be doing in UTAR, Kampar in 7 hours time.

I am not ready to give up on the daring ones who'd take up the challenge to stop denying themselves of the chance to be spectacular. I am not ready to leave it chance and hope that all will turn well.

I am ready to give my 100%. Because if I don't, maybe no one in these people's lives ever will.

I will make the difference.

1 comment:

ah^kam_koko' said...

Young men like you should never speak of giving up or fear of suffering.
The challenges in life will only increase. We need to constantly upgrade ourselves & be 1 step ahead of life.

Remember to ask for God's providence.
You can do it!
=)