- Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Someone just told me : "i feel that you've really been doing all you can to make this work, even more so than i am. its just the way you do things, stay up to sms her all the copy, receive the crap for me coming in late that day (bleh), constantly look into everything and all... haha, i say so because i have a hard time catching up with you in other words"

Dear you,

You have given me the question that has been bugging me for quite some time.

Thanks for reminding me that whatever I do will somehow affect those around me, and that it's a responsible choice to take charge instead of playing the victim game even if the latter is easier.

Thanks for reminding me that whatever I do matters, and that my little efforts don't go unnoticed.

Thanks for being a listening ear (even though sometimes I am quite inclined to think that the species with listening ears is almost wiped out of this earth because a lot of people are only concerned about themselves).

You rawk, rawkstarr.

6 comments:

ah^kam_koko' said...

Feels good to be appreciated, eh?
But we should not be too dependant on the praises of men.
I've learned that if we follow praises in our work, we're going in a very hollow direction.
Keep your priorities clear!
=)

Jon Chu said...

Ya man. That does feel good. And you're right. Depending on man's praises isn't of priority. Somehow sometimes it's a form of boost, if you get what I mean. =)

Anyway, how's work? Life at your school - good?

ah^kam_koko' said...

Rushing with the PMR preparations.
Unlike some other subjects. English is a subject you cant study or memorise for.
You need practise and exposure. Both of which a majority of my students lack.

Jon Chu said...

So what do you plan to do to help them boost their confidence and chance to score?

ah^kam_koko' said...

I'm already doing it.
For some I'm telling them that they can do it.
For the lazy ones, I'm using threats & physical 'tactics'.
For all of them, I'm doing drill after drill & repeating my tips to getting better scores.

Jon Chu said...

I think as long as they want it, it shouldn't be a big problem. Keep inspiring them! =)