- Thursday, September 02, 2010

Being Satisfied...


Looking back the results I've been churning, I can't help but say that I'm happy. Although part of my heart still yearns to be like everyone else... the cheer of going overseas to study, the excitement of shopping for supplies like thick jackets and new converters... yet, when I sit back and see the people who I come in contact with, people who find purpose and motivation in their lives again after a talk that my colleagues and I delivered, people who are switching careers from geology, law, accounting or many others to advertising... When I think of these, I am satisfied.


I am satisfied that I can touch lives at where I am right now.
I am satisfied that though my life will not be like all of my peers, the work I'm doing is no less than theirs.
I am satisfied that at least I find peace in the changes that will be happening in my life. (Picking up the phone, thinking of sms-ing or calling someone, only to be remembered that the person is in overseas isn't entire fun, more so if the person is one whom I'm close to.)


And nothing is better when one is satisfied, because being satisfied is a fulfilling feeling - something that I'll not trade anything for.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

"...for I have learned to be content with whatever I have." -The Apostle Paul

:)

It's a wonderful feeling, ain't it?

Jon Chu said...

Yeah. Contentment is indeed a good feeling. =)

ah^kam_koko' said...

You're still young!
Don't be satisfied yet!
hahaha~~