- Monday, November 01, 2010

Trust Your Heart

Lynette Natasha my awesome friend quoted this in one of her recent posts :-

"Listen to me. Once I too, had ambitions. Not your grand ones, simple ambitions. Marriage, children and a house of our own. He died, in the mud in France. A good, solid man. You would call him dull, no doubt, but he smiled whenever he saw me and we could've built a life on that.

Your heart knows the truth, trust it."

- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

To which I commented :-

I agree too. Your heart knows the truth; now it's just a matter of trusting yourself and your heart. Sadly, not many do. Or rather, not many find the guts and logical reason to trust themselves or their hearts, because in the past, their hearts have failed them.

But here's the thing. I don't believe in just believing in one's heart; I believe in guiding one's heart to believe in what the heart wants to believe in. And oftentimes, with guidance, the heart can dream dreams that are so big that logical sense and minds can't contain -- but those are the dreams that change the world, that are larger than life.

And those are the dreams that I'm talking about. They change you and grow you. You'll never be the same again.

Trust your heart because it makes you, you. Nothing else, but your heart. But most importantly, guide your heart because only you can do that.

5 comments:

Lynette Natasha said...

mmhmm (:

I remember that time in your car *wink wink nudge nudge* (hahahaha) when I told you about how everyone always said, follow your heart and I was a lil confused about that, because at that time I just never knew where my heart was.

And then you said: "Your heart may want a lot of things, but you know what's best for yourself.

Don't just follow your heart, guide it."

Spank you (;

tigger_J said...

wow, i think i learned somethin new today by reading this blog...haha

Jon Chu said...

[Lynette]

You're welcome, Lynette. Honestly, I really enjoyed that little conversation we had. It was honest and transparent. Plus, the opportunity to be honest and talk with a college mate is exceeding rare for me these days, so it was really a pleasure. =)

Thank you for being so honest with me that day. And I really respect you for wanting to be different. I think that there are too many normal, boring people out there; and to have someone like you to choose to be abnormal, to choose to not conform to everyone else -- I think that's really commendable of you.

Update me about how things are with you as often as possible. I'd like to not just be a hi-bye friend (that ain't a friend; it's 'acquaintance'). But know for sure that whatever you decide is the best for you, I'll be behind you cheering you on.

Be that awesome person you are, Lynette! And as we say in 95% to awesome people, may the force be with you! =P

Jon Chu said...

[tigger_J]
Hey man! Thanks for coming by my blog. It's really rare to find visitors these days, I tell you. Haha! Thanks for commenting too. I'm glad that my little honest sharing did some good for you. =) Drop by more often, and share with me your thoughts. I'd really love to hear what you have to say. =)

ah^kam_koko' said...

That's true...
To be happy we need to follow our hearts.

However, our priority should be to follow God first. Anyway, He will give us the desires of our heart when we seek Him first!
YEEHAAW!