- Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Samurai Game

I don't believe in coincidences anymore. At least, not as much. I believe things happen at a certain time so that a certain lesson can be learned, and we meet certain people at a certain point in our lives so that we can learn something from the person or about ourselves. I repeat, there is no such thing as coincidences.

I'm sure lately if you've been following my Facebook, you would have seen many mentions of this very weird thing called : The Samurai Game.

For those who don't know, it's the biggest and latest training my company 95% The Advertising Academy launched just a few weeks ago. And being an alumni (because I took up a 3-month night course called Idea Rawkstarrs last year) of 95% The Advertising Academy, I had the privilege to join this training for a minimum price.

And boy was that a blessing.

Even after a few days of doing it, the lessons I learned from it are still unfolding for me. To be honest, that is a very odd situation. Oftentimes in trainings, the lessons the participants need to learn are somewhat preplanned. The trainer finds ways to "force" it down the throats of the participants. But in The Samurai Game  this is not the way the participants learn!

In the training, the participants are taken through a process where they become Samurais, or warriors who abide by the Bushido Code or Code of The Warriors. These Samurais then go through various battles, in which lessons unfold themselves.

I know right now it seems a bit fluffy to you, but trust me, when you've been there done that, you'd reconsider. I'll give myself some time to let the realizations and lessons slowly sink in before I type them out for you. Til then, may the force be with you.

No comments: