- Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello, Yesterday

2346084982_2f4f7fa096_o
My good friend Crystal dared me to blog about : what I'd do if I found out that time travel was possible. Interesting topic, don’t you think? So here’s what I would do :-

1. I’ll go back to when I was 15 and learn how to Tango and Waltz.

2. Then I’ll fly back to when I was 8 and learn how to draw properly. (Seriously, picking up girls will be much, much easier when you know how to draw. Imagine this situation : You are with your art block and pencils. You spot a girl sipping coffee at the corner of the room. Swiftly and smoothly, you move towards her. You pause and ask, “Excuse me, I can’t help but notice you. I absolutely must draw a picture of you. Your features, your gaze…” Barney Stinson hasn’t got this yet. *pride*)

3. I’ll  go back to when I was 11 and I’ll hold my little 11 self tight and tell him that he’s gonna be awesome. Because that was what he needed to hear.

4. And then, I’ll go back to when I was 14 and again, I’ll hold my 14 year old self tight and tell him that loneliness is part of life. What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger.

You see, the odd thing that’s happening as I’m typing this down is … I don’t really want to revisit my past. I’m quite happy how things turned out, because without yesterday I wouldn’t be who I am today. And oddly, it’s because of my experience and pain I’ve made great friends!

“I don't know where I'll fall down
but I'm sure to hit the ground..
cause it's not over till it's over
every ending's a new beginning
one more chance to get it right
one more chance to get it wrong
it’s not over till it's over
sometime's nowhere leads to somewhere.”
The End, Jason Reeves

1 comment:

Suit Lin said...

I'll go back to 2005 and slap her silly for making me come to arau.