- Monday, September 19, 2011

Not All Dreams Are Meant to Last



I'm sure you've heard or read countless talks and/or writings on how one should not let one's dreams die. As much as I agree with that, I do think that not all dreams are meant to last.

You see, I've always dreamed of being a rock star. I love the sound of the crowd cheering, the bright lights and the loud music blasting in my ears. Simply said, it has always been my heart's dream to be a performer.

But as I grew, I realized that God has put this desire in me for a different purpose -- I was not meant to be a rock star, but to be a worship leader.

I realized that I loved the sound of the crowd cheering for God more, the loud, sweet music blasting to facilitate better worship more. I love bringing people into worship more than being worshiped.

In the end, these dreams are not meant for myself but to glorify His name. This is the revelation that I got in today's worship in my first visit to New Creation Life Center.

3 comments:

Andrea Kong said...

Amazing :) I just had another humbling experience myself when I worship-lead on Sunday. Usually, I would just believe that music would always be awesome on Sunday cause He's there. Cause He just comes and make everything okay ( There are those days). But last Sunday, it was quite a mess. And I found it so hard. But He taught me, that no matter how bad the music was, God just wanted my heart, and my humility to just continue to worship Him in all circumstances.

Crystal said...

Good stuff! :) Keep discovering your dreams, desires, and purposes :) And have a blast over there in EVERY aspect of life - studies, social, church, food, fun, etc! :)

ah^kam_koko' said...

Awesome!
You allowed God to turn your desire to be worshipped into a desire for God to be worshipped!
=D